Monday, August 11, 2008

Big Bird

Cousin Jaslin smsed yesterday "There is a BIG NICE BIRD at the field near your house, did you see? It has been there for days, might have escaped from some bird park."

I took time to check it just now, caught glimpse of it, but before I even get close enough to see the whole bird, it took off and flew 3 fields away. And ITS NOT NEAR, its all the way up slope!

But I'm pretty sure its a Crowned Crane.
Photobucket
Should it have escaped from somewhere, it could come from the Animal Resort. Took this pic while we were there 2 years ago. I remember this bird lived in pairs, once they found the other half they will stay together, such a good lover. (Thats if my friend's information is correct.)

Ulu is the place where I live, but getting such sightings every now and then is priceless! Remember the eagle and moth earlier this year?

Oh Tao Li was 5th in the Olympic 100m Butterfly!!! Only .09 sec slower then China's, she is still the highest Asian Record holder, CHEERS! Tao Li!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:49 pm

    HAHA, that was what my tuition teacher said ma.
    the one that lived at the next block?
    and thats what she told me, ._.

    -jaslinnn, ;D

    ReplyDelete