Sunday, September 14, 2008

Happening weekend

I had a series of events over the weekend that has nothing to do with festival. I don't think I have time to blog tonight because its the last episode of 少年杨家将。
___________________________________________________

Had Liyan's early celebration yesterday, we had 2 rounds of bowling.



The 2nd round is a total disaster, I did a good job washing the longkangs, only scored 38.
Final damage - 2 cracked nails + 1 slit on the thumb.
Lesson learnt - Short nails, hand moisturiser, plaster for the next bowling game. I think pool is a much safer game.....

Lesson 2 - Never get caught off guard by insurance agents on road shows.

I got up the escalator next to Kbox at Marina Square and someone called from behind.
"Miss, just finish singing KTV?"
"Har, no."
"Then why did you come out from Kbox?"
"No, I came up from escalator."
"Oh, its ok. But...... (proceeds to draw a ping pong ball from his heart shaped box) we are having lucky draw and you just won a prize (pushing the ping pong ball into my hands). You can get your prize from the lady over there."

All the while I was still processing whats going on, with lots of "?????" in my head and what does it have to do with Kbox and escalator and I'm going over to the bowling alley. Before I could react and turn to run, the lady came over and dragged me to a table and filling forms and so on. And the lady sibei farnie la, talk about my mascara, fake lashes, eyelid tapes and what so ever and somehow lead them to her investment talk.

Was saved by Jasmine's call. Alright I know I'm now in senile form, slow in registering dangers.


Sunday morning during breakfast, I casually told my mum “最近好像都吃不饱,又很会饿。是不是生蛔虫?”
“不是啦,生蛔虫是吃不下啦,小孩子吃不下都说是 gum chek。吃不饱是他们说有人在帮你吃。”
“。。。。。。。。。”
“Aiya,我也是听他们讲的啦,哈哈哈。以前不是有个旧邻居吗,他也是吃了还很饿这样,就去问神,神就说有人在帮他吃 lor. 听说的,听说的啦。”
“Haaarrr...”
“那你表哥的叔叔啊,那天才刚吃完,又说饿了,你阿姨就说,‘hor有人在帮你吃了’。我也是听说的。”
“阿娘,你需要这样吓我吗?但是七月不是过了吗,今天都中秋了。”
“只有七月才有meh。听说啦,听说的。”
阿娘,你的听说很有例子根据 lor。口中讲听说,你因该还蛮信的吧。

Climax ends here, and the start of valley.

I was out of my room for 10 mins, when I return I was greeted by a wreckage.

My bookshelf fall off! From Ikea and drilled up by my uncle.


No casualty was recorded

我家没摇晃没地震,只是风很大,视野很广阔。

Everything is intact, there is no crack on the wall, the screws are still there, but it just falls off.

是我的错,是我不好,I put the whole collection of my magazines up there, with 3 years worth of lecture notes, printing paper and tonnes of japalang on it. Its real heavy, I can't push my stack of mag on the floor.

And with a typo of “到” and “倒”, makes the drama more dramatic.

........Now what? Needa find uncle now......

No comments:

Post a Comment