Friday, June 17, 2005

Public Transport

Scene 1
Setting: Boarding up bus 65 at Orchard Rd
Characters: Ah Mo, Bus Captain, Me
Story:
When boarding up the bus, passengers scan their EZ link card at the machine and procceed to look for a seat. The Ang Mo b4 me, not sure is he don't know how to scan or fail to scan it, the bus driver tapped on him and ask him to scan again.

Ang Mo stared at the bus driver and scan again, then say, "Next time when you want to call a person, use your mouth not your hand! Its rude do you know that!"

Bus Captain, bo bian replies, "Ok."

Don't think you are Ang Mo you win, adapt to the culture!



Scene 2
Setting: SBS Transit MRT (NEL)
Character: Auntie few seats away, Unknown Caller, Mao
Story:
Me and Mao listening to songs on his precious Ipod, me scrolling to see if got my type of songs, he keep asking me to critique his singing. Suddenly he turn away, I look up and saw an auntie asking him sumthing, pointing at her hp (Nokia, Pink bg and flowery Design).

Auntie: Just now got sumbody called me, but when I answered there is no sound. Can you help me see?

Mao: You got answer the call or not?

Auntie: Got, I answer liao no sound.

Mao, being helpful, help her look for that number in her HP. Number found and auntie called back.

Auntie: Arlow? Who is this? You call me is it?

Unknown caller (imagine line): Sorry I called the wrong number......

Auntie: WHAT! Wrong number! You think hp bill veri cheap arh! Anyhow call wrong number!

Ppl had already hang up the phone and you insisted on calling back, and you are now blaming the person for wasting your bill?



Scene 3
Setting: Crowded SMRT during peak hrs
Character: Poor but polite lady, Friend's Uncle
Story:
Some unknown people got down the train and Uncle sat down, took out his copy of papers and start reading.

Lady: (tiny voice and polite) Excuse me.......

Uncle continues to read, cuz the voice is too soft and he thought is some other people.

Next station reach.

Lady: Excuse me.... (still too soft)
Uncle continues again.

Next station...

Lady: Excuse me... (slightly louder, taps on uncle's shoulder.
Uncle looks up.
Lady: Sorry, you are stepping on my feet....
Uncle realise and moved his leg and smiled sorrily to the poor lady.

Sometimes you really need to be bold and forget about lady's etiquette.

1 comment: