Monday, December 05, 2005

The thing abt religions

“感谢主”

“Oh! Christian"

Thats the reaction me and my bro got when Jesseca Liu got on stage last night and gave her thank you speech. Well why there is no one saying “感谢菩萨”or "感谢大伯公" or what. Why must christians make it so obvious that they are christians?

I don't hate Christians, but I do hate them spreading their religions to me.

Encounters:

The very first time, I was waiting for friend at some where and came a lady, smiling so brightly (and i feel cunningly) to me and ask me do I have time to spare? Being ignorant and kind hearted and I replied, "Ok" and she sat down beside me and start reading some words from a brochure or booklet, for 10 mins or so. I have to give an excuse of "My friend is here, i got to go."

She reply happily, "Never mind, ask her to come here."
Me: "She is on the other side, in the shopping centre."
Lady: "Ok take this with you. May God be with you."
She started stuffing that paper into my hands. I took it, and after a corner turn, threw it into some rubbish bins.


The nxt one, some priests came to my house door and gave a brochure to us. "May I come in and talk about something to you?" My mum saw the brochure and left the door and went to the kitchen. Me, "Eh, I don't think its a good idea." Man, "Nvm, I can talk here." Me, "But I'm busy." Man, "Ok, do visit us when you are free. There is address printed on the brochure. We are just up there, near the *****."

Then he procceed to the next door, which also belonged to my home. I was playing computer games there and he kept knocking. And whats so strange abt that? That door was not used by us, so my parents used some bikes and other things to blocked it, but that man still knock. After sometimes, he place an other brochure from under the door slit and left. I don't know what to say, he is so patient in walking door to door, I bet he love his God very much.


Then at school, a tertiary sch. I was waiting at the canteen for friends to discuss projects. The religious club ppl came and sat down and start reading yet another booklet. And asked, "You watch "Passion of christ"?" Me, "Eh, no." Gal, "Why? Its such a topic now." Me, "Too gruesome for me. I dont like." Gal, "Ok, and lets begin my talk." And read thru the booklet, and asked me to read together, I felt like a primary school kid. A friend left for toilet earlier, came back to see that gal beside me, knows sumthing not right and sat at the other table. But she suspected its a survery la, she hate unknown calls from surveys so she avoided that. That was like 15 to 20 min before she left.


I repeat, I don't hate christians, but i hate the spreading and wished to convert every single one on earth to Christians. (The ones tat dont belived in God goes to hell. Well, I prefer the more the merrier.) I remember a Qn they asked, "You believe in God?" Me, "Yar, yes. Those chinese gods, and i believe the muslim's allah and the Hinus. I think everyone got a different God." That person gone quiet for awhile before continuing his/her talk.

I usually show the impatient and sian face to them, but they just continued. I understand that they are trying to save the ppl to enjoy in heaven and not suffer in hell. But, I'm tired about all these. There are monks coming door to door and asks for donations to build what ever temple or what, I don't like that too. I just don't like the thinking of spreadin religion through "force". If I want a religion, I dont need promotion, i like to choose myself. Its not a thing, don't promote it.

2 comments:

  1. i cant wait for school to end

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:38 pm

    yay free thinkers! =)

    mj!

    ReplyDelete