Sunday, July 03, 2011

Who is a Happy Design Kid?

ME!!!! ME ME ME!!

Having fun doing measuring and looking for furniture. Then DIY Ikea bought accessories.

Found a very interesting site for ideas and making Ikea even more unique.
http://www.ikeahackers.net/

Really got a lot from there, and is generating ideas for my room, but funds are low. I think I'll have to go slowly, and maybe give up half way. :(

Anyway went Ikea on Friday and bought happy things.

Almost got stranded.

I went with a list and strong on buying a few to make sure I'm not going there just to have my Swedish meat balls. I toured the display area TWICE and the collection area 1.5 times, most of them are out of stock, THAT'S SICK! So I die die have to buy a shelf, which while looking through the catalog and the display, I thought it is going to be light with the price of $29.

Yes, I planned on taking the bus with the shelf. But alas, its heavy! And with the others OOS, I HAVE to buy.

Need to get cab.

Then, I thought shopping places should be able to get one very easily, but it is at the ulu Tampines factory area. Cabs seldom turn in despite having a wide taxi stand. Tried to call bro, he is out with friends.

:(

No choice have to wait, thought of calling cab, but I can't part with my $$. Waited for half and hour, with almost crippled leg, and got it, not bad, it's still my day. How fortunate to have Ikea at Tampines, cab fare still within budget.

More furniture to come, then I will start taking photos. Its too messy now with things everywhere.

Real Happy Kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment